Sunday, 20 January 2013

Serious Limericks 2



There was a young man who said "God
Must find it exceedingly odd
To see that this tree
Continues to be
When there’s no-one about in the quad."

“Dear Sir, your astonishment’s odd
I am always about in the quad
And therefore this tree
Continues to be
Since observed by, yours faithfully, God.”
Ronald Knox

There was an old man with a beard
Who said, “I demand to be feared.
Address me as God,
And love me, you sod,”
And man did just that, which is weird.

There was a young man who said “Damn!
I suddenly realise I am
A creature that moves
In predestinate grooves.
I’m not even a bus - I’m a tram.”
(Attributed to Maurice E. Hare, 1905)

"Young man you should stay your complaint,
For the grooves that you call a constraint
Are there to contrive
That you learn to survive
Trams arrive, buses may or they mayn't."
(Anon replies)

But after some thought he said, "No,
It aint necessarily so.
The argument fails –
I can lay my own rails,
And go where I wanted to go."
(Andy Giddings/LF)

There was a young man who said 'Though
It seems that I know that I know,
What I would like to see
Is the 'I' that knows 'me'
When I know that I know that I know."

Serious limericks 1

No comments:

Post a Comment